[ncl-talk] mjo_wavenum_freq_season_plot

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 19 09:25:09 MDT 2018

You altered the "*mjo_wavenum_freq_season_plot*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Diagnostics/mjo_wavenum_freq_season_plot.shtml>".
Specifically, I assume you replaced:

  gsn_polyline(wks,plot,(/fline,fline/),(/ 0.,NW/), resp)
  gsn_text(wks,plot, (day+"d"),fline+0.005,0.93*NW,tres)

with something like .....  ????

 dum_line = *gsn_add_polyline*(wks, plot, (/fline,fline/),(/ 0.,NW/), resp)
 dum_text = *gsn_add_text*(wks,plot,label,0.75*tmXTValues(nTm-1), \
                                    0.35*tmYLValues(nTm-1) ,tres)

I am confused because the *gsn_add_polyline* draws a line with no text
embedded;
*gsn_add_text* just adds text yet your vertical lines have the embedded
30d  and 60d text.

Hard to determine what you did.