[ncl-talk] Fw: plot error

Toni Klemm toni-klemm at tamu.edu
Thu Sep 13 06:43:46 MDT 2018

Elham,

You’re referencing the attribute “units”, not “long_name”:

> res at gsnRightString=data_hdf4 at units

But apparently your variable doesn’t have a “units” attribute. That’s what the error is saying:

> warning:Attempt to reference attribute (units) which is undefined

Try changing it to:

> res at gsnRightString=data_hdf4 at long_name

Depending on what you’re trying to reference, you also write it in you script manually:

> res at gsnRightString=“XYZ”

I hope that helps!

Toni

Toni Klemm, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Ecosystem Science and Management
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Contributor to the Early Career Climate Forum
www.toni-klemm.de | @toniklemm