[ncl-talk] Hovmueller plot - x axis range adjustment

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 4 15:12:37 MDT 2018

Hi all,
This email was originally sent in on Friday but was inadvertently flagged
and not sent to the group. Toni sent a 2nd inquiry on Friday and that email
got through, and a solution was found. If interested the thread from Friday
can be found here:
http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-talk/2018-August/013046.html

Adam

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 1:44 PM Toni Klemm <toni-klemm at tamu.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to plot a time series of data in the form of a Hovmueller plot,
> but I have trouble adjusting the x axis such that it shows the range of
> longitudes correctly. Instead of the longitude range, -105 to -95 degrees
> East in 0.5 degrees increments, it shows a range from 0 to 18 on the x axis
> of the plot. Longitudes are included in the netCDF file as variable
> “lon_zones”. I tried to adjust the x axis range manually using res at trXMinF
> and res at trXMaxF, but I got this error message:
>
> warning:ContourPlotSetValues: X coordinates out of data range: defaulting
>
> I used example 5 here (
> https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/time_lon.shtml) as a template, but
> I didn’t find an explanation for how the x axis shows longitudes there.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated!
>
> I attached the netCDF file, the plot, and my script.
>
> Thank you,
> Toni
>

> *Toni Klemm, Ph.D.*Postdoctoral Research Associate
> Department of Ecosystem Science and Management
> College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
> Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
> Contributor to the Early Career Climate Forum <http://www.eccforum.org>
> www.toni-klemm.de | @toniklemm <http://twitter.com/toniklemm>

Adam Phillips