[ncl-talk] plot a zoom map for regional curvilinear gridded data

Fearon, Dr. Matthew, Contractor, Code 7533 matthew.fearon.ctr at nrlmry.navy.mil
Wed Sep 12 09:30:09 MDT 2018

Hi,

Was just curious if there's a way to create a zoom map of regional gridded data. For example, I have a regional curvilinear model grid with 2d lat/longs that takes a stereographic projection. To map the full regional extent, I use the following set of resources. However, in order to plot a zoomed in area for this example, mp Min/Max Lat/LonF settings do not work and, I believe, sf Y/X End/Start SubsetV do not work either. Is the best approach to subset the data and the coordinates to new corners first using getind_latlon2d? And if I use this approach, does the new subset grid retain the original projection given that it will have new corners?

Thanks for the help,
Matt

    cnres at sfXArray                    = lon2d
    cnres at sfYArray                    = lat2d

    mpres at mpLimitMode               = "Corners"
    mpres at mpProjection                = "Stereographic"
    mpres at mpLeftCornerLatF        = lat[0,0]
    mpres at mpLeftCornerLonF       = lon[0,0]
    mpres at mpRightCornerLatF      = lat[ny-1,nx-1]
    mpres at mpRightCornerLonF     = lon[ny-1,nx-1]

    mpres at mpCenterLonF                = 11.
    mpres at tfDoNDCOverlay              = False