[ncl-talk] map outline using shapefile

Debasish Hazra debasish.hazra5 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:15:31 MST 2018

Hi,
I am using shapefile to draw outline over India following polyg_shp_9.ncl
example. However, my plotting domain covers other area besides India and
when I am using
 lnres= True
 ind_met =
gsn_add_shapefile_polylines(wks,plot_A,"./Indian_met_zones-master/indian_met_zones.v2.shp",lnres)
in combination with
res at mpOutlineOn               = False

I am getting outline of India only, with neighboring counties boundaries
not drawn.

But when I am using
res at mpOutlineOn               = True
in combination with the above mentioned shapefile over India, I am getting
double line borders over India (coming from both India met shapefile and
ncl map outline). I have attached both resulting figures. How do I  solve
this to combine both in proper way ?

Thanks
Debasish