[ncl-talk] ncl plot problem

Bill Ladwig ladwig at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 27 09:16:52 MST 2018

When you use wrf_user_getvar with the diagnostic "eth", that triggers a
calculation to compute equivalent potential temperature, which should have
values near 300-350 K at the lower levels. None of the numbers you quoted
above make sense for equivalent potential temperature, so do you have an
already created 'eth' variable in your files that isn't equivalent
potential temperature? If so, then don't use wrf_user_getvar to get the
variable out, since this is going to trigger the computation (and it
appears there may be a unit issue causing those weird numbers). You can use
the regular netcdf variable extraction:

For example:

eth = aa[:]->eth

Hope this helps,