[ncl-talk] overlay_11.ncl

Md. Jalal Uddin dmjalal90 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 02:10:58 MST 2018

Dear Mary,

Please find the variable overview as follows:

Variable: u
Type: float
Total Size: 32768 bytes
            8192 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes:   [time | 1] x [lat | 64] x [lon | 128]
Coordinates:
            time: [0..0]
            lat: [-87.8638..87.8638]
            lon: [-180..177.1875]
Number Of Attributes: 5
  lev : 500
  _FillValue :  -999
  long_name :   Zonal Wind
  short_name :  U
  units :       m/s

Variable: v
Type: float
Total Size: 32768 bytes
            8192 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes:   [time | 1] x [lat | 64] x [lon | 128]
Coordinates:
            time: [0..0]
            lat: [-87.8638..87.8638]
            lon: [-180..177.1875]
Number Of Attributes: 5
  lev : 500
  _FillValue :  -999
  long_name :   Meridional Wind
  short_name :  V
  units :       m/s
(0)     Zonal Wind (m/s) : min=-13.8651   max=40.7452
(0)     Meridional Wind (m/s) : min=-13.8738   max=12.5208

I did not find grid_lont and grid_latt in the data (uvt.nc,
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Data/). Please find the script in the
attachment.

fatal:Variable (grid_lont) is undefined

What can I do?