[ncl-talk] Iterating through folders and grid cells to create a maximum value map

Stuart D Smith smit1770 at purdue.edu
Thu Nov 15 07:32:08 MST 2018

Good morning,

I  am seeking guidance on creating a maximum value map using the information from multiple satellite images.

To create the map, I believe I would need to use NCL to iterate through a list of folders (each folder contains one MODIS image) and extract the maximum value of  flooded area for each grid cell. The final product would be a map  (NetCDF/ascii file) with the maximum flooded values for each grid cell. The attached NetCDF file is an example of the file I would be reading in.

I am new to NCL so I really didn’t know where to begin. Any examples or reference material would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

-Stuart