[ncl-talk] CvtStringGenArrayToColorIndexGenArray error

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 9 10:50:45 MST 2018

Hi Joshua,
ncl-talk is the correct place for this question. I ran a script with the
following resources in v6.3.0, 6.4.0 and 6.5.0 and I didn't receive an
error message:
  res           = True
  res at mpFillOn = True   ; turn on the map filling resource
  res at mpFillColors = (/
"transparent","transparent","LightGray","transparent"/)   ; color the
continents gray
  res at mpMinLatF = -70.   ; set the minimum latitude = -70.
  res at mpMaxLatF = 70.   ; set the maximum latitude = 70.

  res at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels" ; manually set the contour
levels with the following 3 resources
  res at cnMinLevelValF  = -5. ; set the minimum contour level
  res at cnMaxLevelValF  = 30. ; set the maximum contour level
  res at cnLevelSpacingF = 5. ; set the interval between contours
  plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,x,res)

Can you send to ncl-talk your complete resource list?
Adam

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 10:38 AM Joshua Lave <lave at ucar.edu> wrote:

> I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this question, but I am
> attempting to run a script and am getting a strange error:
>
> fatal:CvtStringGenArrayToColorIndexGenArray: Unable to convert string
> "LightGray" to requested type
>
> warning:Error retrieving resource mpFillColors from args - Ignoring Arg
>
> This is odd to me since I checked the available named colors and LightGray
> is one of them. I have not modified mpFillColors in any way in my script.
> Why am I getting this error and how can I fix it?
>

> Thank you,
>
> --
> Joshua Lave

Adam Phillips