[ncl-talk] count of repetition of unique values

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 18 08:19:47 MDT 2018

re: "I mean I want to know the number of repetition of "station_id" *using
a prepared function* in ncl"

There can't be a function for everything.

  station_id_u   = get_unique_values(station_id)

  nidu = dimsizes(station_id_u)
  station_id_uc = count_unique_values(station_id)

  print("nid="+nid+"  station_id_uc="+station_id_uc)  ; the same

; *"*count the number of repetition of each unique value*"*

  nid = new(nidu,typeof(station_id_u))
  do n=0,nidu-1
     nid(n) = num(station_id.eq.station_id_u(n))
  end do
  print(station_id_u+"   "+nid)

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 8:14 AM, Ehsan Taghizadeh <ehsantaghizadeh at yahoo.com