[ncl-talk] Error with lonFlip

Ipsita Putatunda ipsita.putatunda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 22:02:51 MDT 2018

Hi Dennis,
The output of my script (attached herewith) is coming as below:
***************************************
Variable: rl
Type: float
Total Size: 221184000 bytes
            55296000 values
Number of Dimensions: 4
Dimensions and sizes:    [ncl_join | 20] x [ncl0 | 6] x [LAT | 320] x [LON
| 1440]
Coordinates:
            LAT: [-40..40]
            LON: [ 0..360]
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue :    9.96921e+36

Variable: rflip
Type: float
Total Size: 221184000 bytes
            55296000 values
Number of Dimensions: 4
Dimensions and sizes:    [ncl_join | 20] x [ncl0 | 6] x [LAT | 320] x [LON
| 1440]
Coordinates:
            LAT: [-40..40]
            LON: [-179.8749..179.8749]
Number Of Attributes: 2
  _FillValue :    9.96921e+36
  lonFlip :    longitude coordinate variable has been reordered via lonFlip

Variable: rh
Type: float
Total Size: 2459520 bytes
            614880 values
Number of Dimensions: 4
Dimensions and sizes:    [ncl_join | 20] x [ncl0 | 6] x [LAT | 42] x [LON |
122]
Coordinates:
            LAT: [-19.9373..-9.655172]
            LON: [-19.76373..10.25712]
Number Of Attributes: 2
  lonFlip :    longitude coordinate variable has been reordered via lonFlip
  _FillValue :    9.96921e+36

Variable: rr
Type: float
Total Size: 122976 bytes
            30744 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes:    [ncl0 | 6] x [LAT | 42] x [LON | 122]
Coordinates:
            LAT: [-19.9373..-9.655172]
            LON: [-19.76373..10.25712]
Number Of Attributes: 3
  _FillValue :    9.96921e+36
  lonFlip :    longitude coordinate variable has been reordered via lonFlip
  average_op_ncl :    dim_avg_n over dimension(s): ncl_join
warning:_NhlCreateSplineCoordApprox: Attempt to create spline approximation
for X axis failed: consider adjusting trXTensionF value
warning:IrTransInitialize: error creating spline approximation for
trXCoordPoints; defaulting to linear

Ipsita