[ncl-talk] Cross sections and transects of radar reflectivity

G.Monte at isac.cnr.it G.Monte at isac.cnr.it
Wed Jun 6 07:35:43 MDT 2018

Dear all,
I would like to plot some vertical cross sections and transect of radar
reflectivity along arbitrary latitude/longitude, by using NCL 6.4.0.

1) At first, I am using the function "linint2_points_Wrap" in order to
regrid the data on a regular grid. I got an error message like this:
"fatal:linint2_points: The rightmost dimensions of fi must be nyi x nxi,
where nyi and nxi are the lengths of yi and xi respectively". Where did I
get wrong?

2) Then, the above variable is not a function of a proper vertical
coordinate (pressure/height), but only of the number of the "range bins"
along the vertical direction. Can I succeed with the plots the same, or
have I to convert the number of range bins into vertical pressure/height?
What function do I use for plotting the cross sections?

Thanks in advance.

Giulio Monte