[ncl-talk] Area fill not working on gsn_contour and label string stopped working

Adam Dury adampeterd at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 13:48:26 MDT 2018

Hi,

I have been using ncl 6.3 for a while now and recently upgraded to 6.4 to use a new variable you have added.
One script I have been using uses gsn_contour and uses the default fill mode of “area fill”. However since upgrading to 6.4 it doesn’t seem to be plotting colours using this area fill mode, but if I turn on the contour lines then I can see it is plotting the data correctly.
I have found a work around to use raster fill and then turn on raster smoothing which gives roughly the same picture. Just wanted to let you know as I guess this is a bug introduced into 6.4? I couldn’t find anything else online about it so I guess not many other people have come across this error.

Also the labelbarstrings resource doesn’t seem to be working properly either. I don’t get any errors on command line but the label bar names never appear properly.

I am using the defauly ubuntu package rather than installing ncl myself so do you think this is an issue?

Thanks

Adam