[ncl-talk] lat,lon not accurately generated by NCL

Craig Mattocks mattocks at mac.com
Tue Jul 31 13:05:18 MDT 2018

See this note about the dangers of transforming between geocentric (spherical) and geodetic (ellipsoidal) coordinate systems (especially the difference in latitudes):

http://www.pkrc.net/wrf-lambert.html#_footnote_2

Transform from Lambert conic conformal to spherical lat,lon first to avoid errors.

Note: I believe NCL uses proj.4 for map projections.

We’ve been fighting a similar issue in AWIPS II.

Craig