[ncl-talk] zonal mean in panel

christine Delire cdelire at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 03:09:34 MDT 2018

I am trying to build a panel with 3 maps and a zonal mean of lets say the
upper left map.
The 1st map on the top left would be observations.
On the second row, I'd want a model simulation on the left and simulated
minus observed on the right.
This I can do. But I'd like to add a zonal mean on the top right that has
the zonal averages of the observed and simulated fields.

I tried *gsn_csm_attach_zonal_means*, and *overlay* to get several zonal
means on the same plot but map+zonal means had the same size as the lower
map. So the upper map  is smaller than the lower one and I don't want that.

I tried to calculate the zonal mean and plot them on the upper right panel
with* gsn_csm_xy *using panel_14.ncl as example but couldn't get to place
the xy plot correctly.

Finally, I also tried to follow panel_20.ncl but all my plots appear
exactly at the same place on top of each other despite carefully defining
the vpXF etc. the vp ressources don't seem to work at all.

I am using version 6.4.0

Any hint ?

--
Christine Delire,