[ncl-talk] Reading NSIDC sea ice motion binary (.bin format) data

Will Hobbs will.hobbs at utas.edu.au
Thu Jul 26 00:07:46 MDT 2018

Sourav

There’s an entire example page on the NCL help files on how to plot the NSIDC EASE grid.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ease.shtml

This should resolve your cluelessness….

Will

From: ncl-talk <ncl-talk-bounces at ucar.edu> on behalf of Sourav Chatterjee <srvsxc at outlook.com>
Date: Thursday, 26 July 2018 at 4:03 PM
To: "ncl-talk at ucar.edu" <ncl-talk at ucar.edu>
Subject: [ncl-talk] Reading NSIDC sea ice motion binary (.bin format) data

Dear NCL users

Can anyone help me out with reading the NSIDC EASE-Grid Sea Ice Motion Vectors data (.bin format) in NCL.

I have not used this format earlier in NCL, so clueless about it. Any help is appreciated.

A sample data is attached. The data format can be found in http://nsidc.org/data/nsidc-0116/versions/3<http://nsidc.org/data/nsidc-0116/versions/3>
Polar Pathfinder Daily 25 km EASE-Grid Sea Ice Motion Vectors, Version 3 | National Snow and Ice Data Center<http://nsidc.org/data/nsidc-0116/versions/3>
Polar Pathfinder Daily 25 km EASE-Grid Sea Ice Motion Vectors, Version 3
nsidc.org<http://nsidc.org>

Thanks in advance
Sourav