[ncl-talk] Dividing a legend over 2 cells in a matrix plot

Toni Klemm toni-klemm at tamu.edu
Wed Jul 25 17:18:45 MDT 2018

Howdy!

I wrote an NCL script to plot 16 XY-plots on a 3x6 matrix. Each plot contains 9 lines, so the legend needs to have 9 elements. Because of this large number I wanted to divide the legend up into 2 “columns” (i.e., 2 matrix cells), 5 elements in the first and 4 in the second. I got everything to work, but unfortunately not the legend. The text is too large and the lines are dashed instead of solid. I tried to change the size of the text, but it didn’t do anything. Could someone help me? Could some other commands overrule the settings for the legends?

Thanks a lot for your help! Below is the script, and attached are the netCDF files in a folder and the matrix plot.

Best,
Toni

Toni Klemm, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Ecosystem Science and Management
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Contributor at the Early Career Climate Forum <http://www.eccforum.org/>
www.toni-klemm.de <http://www.toni-klemm.de/> | @toniklemm <http://twitter.com/toniklemm>