[ncl-talk] problem with ESFM mapping

Michele Petrini - CITG M.Petrini at tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 25 05:45:20 MDT 2018

Dear ncl helpdesk,

I am trying to remap ocean data from a global rectlinear grid to the CISM Greenland grid using ncl.

As a fist step, I am trying to run ESMF_regrid_1.ncl<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/ESMF_regrid_1.ncl> from https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml.

I get the following error

sh: line 1: 33907 Abort trap: 6           ESMF_RegridWeightGen --help > /dev/null 2>&1
(0) ESMF_regrid_gen_weights: could not find ESMF_RegridWeightGen executable.

and I don’t understand why.

I am trying to run the script using ncl version 6.5.0 (installed gcc-8) - but I had same problem with older ncl version (for which I had to load di ESFM_regrid module).

What I am doing wrong?

thanks,

Michele Petrini, PhD

Department of Geoscience and Remote Sensing, TUDelft
Delft, The Netherlands

M.Petrini at tudelft.nl<mailto:M.Petrini at tudelft.nl>
+39 3398367372
michele.petrins (Skype alias)