[ncl-talk] interpolation

Ehsan Taghizadeh ehsantaghizadeh at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 05:43:39 MDT 2018

 Thank you for your help.I'd used ncl scrip which was written by ncl-talk group, to interpolate GPM data to station points, in ASCII format.After finishing work, and sending paper to journal, referee wants to know the effect of other interpolating methods. So I decided to use some other methods to interpolate GPM data on station points.I've tried ESMF regridding library as you suggested. However I faced the error:"ESMF_regrid_gen_weights: 'ESMF_RegridWeightGen' was not successful."Beside that I have to write output file in ASCII format.I've attached first script (Interpolating_bilinear.ncl) which works correctly via bilinear method, and second script (Interpolating_ESMF.ncl) which uses ESMF regridding. Also input data are attached (GPM_IMERGV04DE_20160401_20170228 directory and stations_NW.csv file which contains destination lat/lon).Could I have your help to modify "Interpolating_ESMF.ncl" to use different interpolating methods (bilinear", "neareststod", "patch")?Also could I have your opinion to answer the referee about using different interpolating methods? Is it necessary to use different interpolating methods and comparing them?
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;$ ncl -V    6.5.0$ uname -a    Linux localhost.localdomain 3.10.0-514.2.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 23:06:41 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux$ gcc --version    gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-28)

SincerelyEhsan