[ncl-talk] how to adjust cnMinLevelValF and cnMaxLevelValF when zooming in on a region

Amanda Frigola afrigola at marum.de
Thu Sep 28 04:05:26 MDT 2017

Hi all!

I plotted two different global SST datasets in the same panel using a common labelbar for both plots.
I used the function printMinMax to help me setting the cnMinLevelValF and cnMaxLevelValF options.

Now I would like to plot a zoom of that panel, for the region defined by the interval [lat1,lat2]x[lon1,lon2]
but i find it difficult to readjust cnMinLevelValF and cnMaxLevelValF so they represent this zoomed-in region, ​
because although the SST function has coordinates LONG and LAT, LONG and LAT are curvilinear grids,
so lat1 for example is not represented by a unique j value, which makes it hard to find the right j1, j2, i1, i2 values for the expression:
printMinMax(SST(j1:j2,i1:i2),0)

Any ideas how to solve that?
Best,
Amanda