[ncl-talk] Missing Regression Coefficient Confidence Intervals in reg_multlin_stats function

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 16 12:14:52 MDT 2017

Currently, there are no plans to alter the underlying f77 subroutine used
by NCL's
   https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/
Contributed/reg_multlin_stats.shtml

This function returns (as attributes) *a lot of information including and
ANOVA table*.

Both examples associated with the function's documentation are compared to
R results. The 2nd example's R results  provide confidence results.

I would assume that the ANOVA information returned by the function could be
used to derive confidence limits associated with each 'b'.   Note: I can
not tell you how.

Good luck