[ncl-talk] Overlay wind vectors on orthographic map

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Wed Jul 5 01:52:29 MDT 2017

Hi Lyndon,

the plot function gsn_csm_vector_scalar can't handle the @cn resources
and gives the warnings. To get rid of the warnings separate the contour
(res: contour and map) and vector resources (e.g. in vcres)  as shown in
the attached script.

To use the @vcLineArrowColor you have to set the @vcMonoLineArrowColor
to True which is described in the documentation:
http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/vc.shtml#vcLineArrowColor

It is always a good idea to take a look at the resources documentation
(and read) if a resource setting is not working as expected.

Bye,
Karin