[ncl-talk] How to plot large size data to contour

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 2 22:50:29 MST 2017

Tao,

One of the first things I try with contouring large data is to turn on
raster contours by setting:

res at cnFillMode = "RasterFill"

This can sometimes make a significant difference in speed.

If this doesn't help, you can add a second resource:

res at trGridType = "TriangularMesh"

Finally, if you are getting a message:

    fatal:ContourPlotDraw: Workspace reallocation would exceed maximum size
    16777216
    fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error
    fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error
    fatal:PlotManagerDraw: error in plot draw
    fatal:_NhlPlotManagerDraw: Draw error

Then see this URL, which provides some information about things to try.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/FAQ/#err_msgs_012

--Mary