[ncl-talk] A question about panel wmbarbmap

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 25 08:58:52 MDT 2017

Hi Yan,
See example #5 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/weather_sym.shtml#ex5

Note that wmbarbmap does automatically draw the map but it does not advance
the frame. Example #5 above manually panels by altering the vpXF/vpYF
resources for each panel. (vpWidthF/vpHeightF are set once so that each
panel is the same size.)

Hope that helps. As a reminder, you can see all the NCL examples that use
wmbarbmap (or any other procedure, function, or resource) my going to the
examples page here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/
and by clicking on  the links embedded in the following sentence at the top
of page:
"List of tips, resources, functions/procedures and the example scripts they
appear in."

I clicked on "functions/procedures", then searched for wmbarbmap, then
looked at the examples that use wmbarbmap.

Adam

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 2:56 AM, 古枫玥瑟 <6544191 at qq.com> wrote:

> Dear ncl-talk,
> I want to panel some station windbarb pictures drawed by "wmbarbmap". But
> the function "wmbarbmap" does not have return value,so I do not know how to
> panel.
> Please give me some guidance.
>
> Please see the details code and a single picture in attachment files.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Regards
>
> Yan
>
> Shanghai Institute of Meteorology,China.

Adam Phillips