[ncl-talk] How "dim_spi_n" deal with zero precipitaion and maps cdf into spi values??

Kritanai Torsri (HAII User) kritanai at haii.or.th
Thu Jun 30 07:28:18 MDT 2016

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your information. That s really helpful.

BRGs,

Kritanai T.

จาก: "Dennis Shea" <shea at ucar.edu>
ถึง: "Kritanai Torsri (HAII User)" <kritanai at haii.or.th>
สำเนา: "ncl-talk" <ncl-talk at ucar.edu>
ส่งแล้ว: พฤหัสบดี, 30 มิถุนายน, 2016 6:31:11 AM
เรื่อง: Re: [ncl-talk] How "dim_spi_n" deal with zero precipitaion and maps cdf into spi values??

NCL uses a f77 subroutine based upon a code originally created by the USA's National Climate Data Center (now known as the National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI). It contains the following code comments.

c OUTPUT: par1,par2,par3 parameters (mean, s.d., skewness) of
c Pearson Type III distribution used to
c fit the input data > 0
c xmom1,xmom2,xmom3 l-moments of the input data > 0
c pzero relative frequency of input data = 0

So, without looking at the code in detail, I'd say 0s are ignored.

If you want to see the code, I have placed the code at

http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/~shea/spi3.f

Good luck