[ncl-talk] HDF to Text issues

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 23 07:29:41 MDT 2016

The 'key' is to replicate (broadcast) the 'time' variable to the same
dimensionality as the 'data' variable. This is readilt accomplished via the
'conform' function

TIME = conform( data, time, 0)   ; replicate (broadcast) to match dimension
sizes

Then ...

write_table("test.txt","a",[/lat2d,lon2d,TIME,data/],"%-16.5f%-16.5f%-16.5f%-16.5f")

I added an extra ' %-16.5f '   .... these do not have to be the same (I am
sure you know that.)

Note: all the meta data in the example is not really necessary. Meta data
is desirable for writng (say) netCDF and for graphics applications. In this
case, it is not needed.

See attached

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/conform.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/conform_dims.shtml