[ncl-talk] fatal ERROR: Assignment not supported for left-hand type

franz f.trotta at sincem.unibo.it
Mon Jun 20 09:27:37 MDT 2016

Dear ncl-team
    Im using the nil 6.3.0
    I got an error and I don't understand the source of this error:

    fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line
16351 in file main.ncl

    This error message appear when I lunch my scripts after few steps. It
execute the code up to line 2777.

    The line 16351 is where I close a do-loop:

3143   do inest=0,nnest-11355
3144

16350
16351   end do ;inest

    It gives me this error when a add this few line:

    lon1dt_subatm(0:nx_subatm-1) = (/
tofloat(atmMeshmaskT_file->lon(ix_range_atm(0):ix_range_atm(1))) /)
    lon2dt_subatm  = new((/ny_subatm,nx_subatm/),float)
    do iy=0,ny_subatm-1 lon2dt_subatm(iy,0:nx_subatm-1) =
lon1dt_subatm(0:nx_subatm-1) end do

    I'm pretty shire that this 3 line are correct and I don't understand
this fatal error

    Is there some limitation in ncl with the number of the object we
define?

    thanks in advance
Francesco T.