[ncl-talk] Segmentation fault using addfiles

Andrew Kren - NOAA Affiliate andrew.kren at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 15 12:00:08 MDT 2016

Dear NCL-Talk,

I am reading in several grib files using addfiles. The data is 4x daily
data climatology on a 181x360 lat/lon grid (36 times when adding them all
together). I can successfully read in the data using addles, but when I try
to print out a section of the data, it comes up with a segmentation fault,
before my exit command. Below is what it prints out with printVarSummary. I
don't think my data is too large but maybe that is the issue?

Variable: mslp_climo

Type: float

Total Size: 9383040 bytes

            2345760 values

Number of Dimensions: 3

Dimensions and sizes: [initial_time0_hours | 36] x [lat_3 | 181] x [lon_3 |
360]

Coordinates:

            initial_time0_hours: [1394976..1395186]

            lat_3: [90..-90]

            lon_3: [ 0..359]

Number Of Attributes: 16

  sub_center : NCEP Ensemble Products

  center : US National Weather Service - NCEP (WMC)

  long_name : Pressure reduced to MSL

  units : Pa

  _FillValue : 1e+20

  level_indicator : 102

  grid_number : 3

  parameter_table_version : 2

  parameter_number : 2

  model : 62 wave triangular, 28 layer Spectral model from "Medium Range
Forecast" run

  forecast_time : 0

  forecast_time_units : hours

  ensemble_info : low resolution control forecast

  statistical_process_descriptor : climatological mean value: multiple year
averages of quantities which are themselves means over some period of time
less than a year

  statistical_process_duration : 0 hours (beginning at reference time at
intervals of 1 year)

  N : 40

Thanks, the ncl file is also attached.

--
Andrew Kren, PhD
Research Scientist I, Global Observing Systems Analysis (GOSA) Group