[ncl-talk] _NclRegisterProc: xxxx is already a defined symbol can't add it as a built-in

Minna Win minnawin at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 26 16:41:01 MST 2016

Hello,

I have an NCL script that is using WRAPIT to call a Fortran function.
Everything was working prior to a Debian upgrade from 'wheezy' to
'jessie'.  Now I am observing the following message:

"fatal: _NclRegisterProc: topo_adj is already a defined symbol can't add
it as built-in"

I am setting the NCL_DEF_LIB_DIR environment variable inside a Python
script, which then invokes the NCL script.

I've verified that there aren't any conflicts between NCL 6.3.0 and
Debian 'jessie' by running the ex.f and ex.ncl example on your WRAPIT
troubleshooting page (via loading with external and via setting the
environment variable NCL_DEF_LIB_DIR) -everything works as expected.

Has anyone else encountered the same issue?  Does anyone have any
suggestions to help troubleshoot?  I can provide code snippets if needed.

Thanks in advance,
Minna

--
Minna Win