[ncl-talk] Artifacts at date-line

Wei Huang whuang at univ-wea.com
Tue Jan 12 14:12:43 MST 2016

Rick,

It could be all three cases, e.g., it could be in the pre-tiled image (but we could not verify, as it is a square),
Or in the individual tiles (again, without put them together, we do not know), or it could be Google Map’s.

Yes, it happened at date-line, which is along the tile boundaries (pre-tiled, and individual, as the plot region
Is -180 to 180). Indeed it puzzles me, as the line only appears in partial of the date-line, not all though,
Otherwise, we could know that we have missed few columns or so.

It also could be from Cairo, as usually, NCL generates plot as square/rectangular, also with perimeter/tick marks.
If Cairo missed one or two pixels at the edge, it is hard to notice, but show up when we try to stich it as cylinder.

I have run out of ideas, that is why I ask you and other people in the mailing list for help.

Thanks for looking into this!

Wei Huang