[ncl-talk] section transport ...

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 26 11:43:10 MDT 2015

Hi Ufuk,
I asked a colleague here what they recommend with regards to calculating
mass transport from ocean model output, and they responded:

I recommend that Ufuk check the "diag_transport" subroutine of POP (in
diagnostics.F90), which is a routine that computes x, y direction mass
transports based on the contents of the diag_transport_file input to POP.
He can use that as a template for creating his own offline NCL script.

If you do not have access to the the subroutine referenced above send me a
reply (offline) and I can send it to you.
Adam

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 6:30 AM, Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu (BE) <
u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to calculate mass transport (in x and y direction) from an
> ocean model output. So, i am looking for a NCL script that i could use
> as a reference.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> --ufuk

Adam Phillips