[ncl-talk] Fwd: Deal with a lot of netcdf files

Lam Hoang lamhpvn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:47:32 MDT 2015

You should check the open files limit by using
ulimit -a

You will find parameter: open files (-n) 256 with 256 is maximum open files.
You can change this parameter with command:
ulimit -n 512

Hope this help.
Lam

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Rabah Hachelaf <hachelaf at sca.uqam.ca>
wrote:

> Hello NCL users,
>
> I have netcdf wrf outputs every 1h for 5 years,
> i use those commands to read files :
>
> files = systemfunc("ls wrf_1h/wrfout_d02_*") + ".nc"
> a  = addfiles (files, "r")
> ListSetType (a, "cat ")
>
> but i get a Segmentation fault error,
> when reduce the number of read files my script works correctly.
>
> Any suggestion about this issue.
>
> Thank you
> --
> ------------------------------
> Best regards,
> Rabah Hachelaf

Lam Hoang
Viet Nam National Center of Hydro-Meteorology Forecasting
National Hydro-Meteorological Services of Vietnam

PhD Candidate
School of Earth, Atmosphere and Environment
Monash University, VIC 3800
Mob: +84 12 1616 5258 (VN)
         +61 4 5251 8668 (AUS)