[ncl-talk] writing output from pdf

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 24 09:13:35 MDT 2015

       system("/bin/rm -f myPDF.nc")   ; remove any pre-existing file

       ncdf = addfile("myPDF.nc" ,"c")  ; open output netCDF file

       fAtt               = True            ; optional: assign file
attributes

       fAtt at title         = "My PDFs so I dont have to compute every time"

       fAtt at source_file   =  "original-file.nc"

       fAtt at creation_date = systemfunc ("date")

       fileattdef( ncdf, fAtt )            ; copy file attributes

       ncdf->PDF_1  = pdf1                 ; all meta data written

       ncdf->PDF_2  = pdf2