[ncl-talk] NCARG_COLORMAPS

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 16 10:31:33 MDT 2015

Hi Laura,

It seems something somewhere is referencing that BlueWhiteOrangeRed.rgb
colortable, even if you are using your own.  I don't know offhand if this
is a default behavior somewhere or if its unintentional. Do you reference
it in an .hluresfile, perhaps?

But in any case, I think Kyle's right -- the solution is to include the
default colormap in addition to your own:

export NCARG_COLORMAPS=/glade/u/home/laura:$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps

HTH...
Rick