[ncl-talk] Plot a contour

bozkurtd at itu.edu.tr bozkurtd at itu.edu.tr
Thu Jun 11 09:22:41 MDT 2015

  Dear Abdolhalim,

Attached is the script that I use to plot topography map of RegCM4 output.
As Mary pointed out, you need to define some more information for zooming
in on your data. In the attached script you can find how to get lat/lon
values from your file and define lat/lon of projection origin.
For masking, just select and define “landuse” variable from your file
and then use “mask” function of NCL
(http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/mask.shtml) to mask
land or sea by choosing corresponding numbers from the “landuse”.
Hope that helps. If not, let ncl-talk know.
Deniz

--
Deniz Bozkurt, PhD
Post-doctoral Fellow