[ncl-talk] greek symbols in ncl plot for axis string

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Wed Jun 10 15:09:28 MDT 2015

label_string = "~F33~D~F~T~F34~0~F~C"
Assuming you have changed TextFuncCode to a ~ in your .hluresfile.
Otherwise change all the ~ to :

1. Change the font to the Greek symbols (table 33) use character d for a
small delta.
2. Change back to default for a regular T
3. Change to font table 34 for a degree symbol.
4. Change back to default for regular C.

begin

res = True

res at tiXAxisString =  "~F33~D~F~T~F34~0~F~C"

wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","")

plot = gsn_csm_blank_plot(wks, res)

draw(plot)

frame(wks)