[ncl-talk] Segmentation fault

Guilherme Martins jgmsantos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 06:31:37 MDT 2015

Hi all,

When I run my script (script in attachment) appear the error below in bold.
I tried delete some variables but nothing.

Variable: xClmDay_sm
Type: float
Total Size: 94867200 bytes
            23716800 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [year_day | 366] x [lat | 180] x [lon | 360]
Coordinates:
            year_day: [1..366]
            lat: [89.5..-89.5]
            lon: [ 0.5..359.5]
Number Of Attributes: 3
  smoothing : FFT: 4 harmonics were retained.
  information : Smoothed daily climatological averages
  long_name : Daily Climatology: GPCP 1DD Precipitation (mm/day)
*fatal:NclMalloc Failed:[errno=12]*
*Falha de segmentação*

The error occur in this part of my script. Lines 79-86. I'm using ncl 6.3.0.

;***********************************************************
; Compute daily anomalies using raw and smoothed climatologies
;***********************************************************
    xAnom      = calcDayAnomTLL (x, yyyyddd, xClmDay)
    printVarSummary(xAnom)
    printMinMax(xAnom, True)

    xAnom_sm   = calcDayAnomTLL (x, yyyyddd, xClmDay_sm)
    xAnom_sm at long_name = "Anomalies from Smooth Daily Climatology"
    printVarSummary(xAnom_sm)
    printMinMax(xAnom_sm, True)

    delete( x )    ; no longer needed

Thanks in advance,