[ncl-talk] issues interpolating data from NCEP to WRF coordinates

Michael Stone mrstone at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jun 9 15:16:26 MDT 2015

Hi again,

I've continued to investigate the issue and decided to try out using the
ESMF regridding package instead. I wrote a script that does a simple
interpolation using the same data and grids but using the ESMF
regridding/interpolation and ran into the same issue with missing values.
This script is attached below and requires the same "geo_em" file in my
prior email as well as the data file. I plotted the missing values and they
are in the same location.

To me, this indicates some issue with how I'm creating the geo_em file but
I am having a hard time finding out why that might be. I'm going to
continue to work on this and try a different grid to see if I run into the
same issue. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Michael