[ncl-talk] Adding additional dimensions to an existing variable

Zachary Suriano zsuriano at udel.edu
Tue Jun 9 13:25:36 MDT 2015

Hello,

I have a question regarding a ncl script I am writing. I have searched
through the manual and online forums and have come back empty handed.

I have a file of daily snow depth changes (time,lat,lon) and would like to
add additional dimensions to the variable. Time is in "days since ..."
format and I would like to add (in the form of additional dimensions) the
year, month, day that correspond to the time stamp while keeping the
original time dimension the same. This way I can quickly and easily filter
the data by month/etc later on without having to worry about leap years
messing with the indexing.

I have the year/month/day arrays already generated from "calendar_decode2"
but when I try to add/merge them I keep running into issues. Any
suggestions or solutions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Zac Suriano