[ncl-talk] drawing RMS semi-circles in Taylor diagram

LI Qi liqi123sh at qq.com
Wed Jun 3 07:43:59 MDT 2015

Dear NCL developers,

I use the script "taylor_diagram.ncl" to draw Taylor diagram. I extend the outer curve from the original 1.65 to 1.75 to fit my data, but it seems that the parameters w.r.t. RMS semi-circles need also be changed accordingly (as is shown below, the semi-circles are incomplete).
The issue is, I have no idea how to change it.

Below is a snippet of the script, which I guess is related to the RMS semi-circles
Any hints about how to change the parameters would be sincerely appreciated!

Best,
Qi

dx   = 0.25
      ncon = 4                                       ; 0.75, 0.50, 0.25, 0.0
      npts = 100                                     ; arbitrary
      ang  = fspan(180,360,npts)*rad

      dum9 = new(ncon,graphic)

      do n=1,ncon
         rr  = n*dx            ; radius from 1.0 [OBS] abscissa
         xx  = 1. + rr*cos(ang)
         yy  = fabs( rr*sin(ang) )
         if (n.le.2) then
             dum9(n-1) = gsn_add_polyline(wks,taylor,xx,yy,respl)
         end if
         if (n.eq.3) then
             n3 = floattointeger( 0.77*npts )
             dum9(n-1) = gsn_add_polyline(wks,taylor,xx(0:n3),yy(0:n3),respl)
         end if
         if (n.eq.4) then
             n4 = floattointeger( 0.61*npts )
             dum9(n-1) = gsn_add_polyline(wks,taylor,xx(0:n4),yy(0:n4),respl)
         end if
      end do