[ncl-talk] How to create a small labelbar close to map

Heiko Klein Heiko.Klein at met.no
Thu Jul 30 03:47:34 MDT 2015

Hi,

I would like to reduce the size of the labelbar with a mapplot
(gsn_csm_contour_map) and have the labelbar as close as possible to the
map. Later, I will crop all whitespace around the plot and want to have
it as small as possible.

In the attached file, I managed to reduce the size of the font and the
color-boxes of the labelbar using:

  res at lbOrientation               ="horizontal"
  res at lbJustification             = "topleft"
  res at lbBoxMinorExtentF           = .1
  res at lbLabelFontHeightF          = .01
  res at lbLabelOffsetF              = .01
  res at lbTopMarginF                = .0

This leaves now a more space between the mapplot and the labelbar. I
haven't found a way to reduce the distance between the labelbar and the
mapplot.

Best regards,

Heiko