[ncl-talk] ESMF-Regrid Large Files (> 4 Gb)

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 16 09:30:52 MDT 2015

Bonjour,

For testing, I would suggest that you operate on a decimated (sub-sampled)
array.
This will make for quick turn around and verify that the options you are
using are correct

   f= addfile("...","r")

   jy = 10
   ix = 10
   x= f->X(::jy,::ix)        ; subsampled array
   lat = f->LAT(::jy,::ix)
   lon = .....
etc

---
Currently, NCL's implementation of the ESMF regrid software uses a single
processor. The underlying code is capable of parallel operation but (to my
knowledge) this has not been implemented.

---
Also, when sending to ncl-talk, it is nice to have a 'printVarSummary(...)'
of the variable(s) you are using.
Or a ncl_filedump ...

Bon Chance!