[ncl-talk] overlay 1D plot with 2D contour filled plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 3 21:30:44 MDT 2015

Ashish,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 1D plot. Do you mean a contour plot
that was plotted from 1D data?

To overlay two plots, you generally want use the "overlay" procedure.

For some examples, see this page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml

See example overlay_1.ncl if these are contour plots you are drawing over a
map, and they share the same lat/lon space.

See example overlay_8.ncl if you need to overlay an XY plot (scatter plot)
on a contour plot.

See example overlay_9.ncl if these are contour plots that don't share the
same data space.

--Mary