[ncl-talk] HDF5 to NetCDF

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 28 09:38:49 MDT 2015

Currently, it is not possible to use 'ncl_convert2nc' to make h5 => netCDF
on the command line. This is on the very long 'list-of-things-to-do'.

h5 is rather complicated.

There is an example of reading GPM data on a HDF5 file  and plotting at:
      http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HiResPrc.shtml
     gpm_1.ncl     (at bottom)

This does require 6.3.0
--------
Attached is a code I have for converting to netCDF. Other variables on the
file would have to be added if you want them.

NOTE: from an NCL perspective, there is *no* need to convert to netCDF ...
use NCL 6.3.0 and the data can be manipulated directly.

Bon Chance!