[ncl-talk] DSSAT input preparation from WRF output

Raja Sivaranjan rajasivaranjan92 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 05:15:11 MDT 2015

Dear all,

I need to prepare weather file for DSSAT model from wrf output. Rainfall,
Min and Max temperature, solar radiation and weed speed are variable i need
to extract. I'm using python for handling netcdf file which very difficult
to work with big file. I did some coding to convert wrf output to DSSAT
weather file format. Now i want to learn NCL, since it is more powerful to
work with nc files.

Below are the things i need to do in NCL:

1. Extract variables such as  Rainfall, Min and Max Temperature, solar
radiation and weed speed for required time
2. Write the extracted variable in DSSAT format.

Things i have done in python:

1. convert wrfnc to excel
2. excel to Dssat format.

Can anyone help me out in this.