[ncl-talk] ncl background run

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Nov 2 09:49:51 MST 2014

Lin,

It depends on what you are doing with the 30 variables.

If you have a large do loop with a lot of calculations, copying of arrays,
and/or reordering, then it could take a long time.

There are many ways to speed up your code.  You may want to look at:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclUsage.shtml

which has some tips for making your code more efficient.

--Mary