[ncl-talk] Read ascii file error

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sat Nov 1 17:18:40 MDT 2014

Nisha,

It would help if you indicate what you think the correct behavior of the
code should be.

As far as I can tell, NCL is producing the correct output when I run your
script.  The output is:

dimsizes(MSL_all) = 32558
min(MSL_all) = 0.1
max(MSL_all) = 5
typeof(index1) = integer
This should basically be 32558
6956
integer
This should basically be zero
25602
The MSL_all variable is the second column of data.  When I look at your
ASCII file, this second column has lots of missing (-999.99) values.  In
your code you have:

index2 = ind(ismissing(MSL_all))

and then:

print("This should basically be zero")
print(dimsizes(index2))

"index2" is the index locations of all your missing values, and the value
of "25602" is correct.

--Mary