[ncl-talk] Error in storing the output (gives fill value)

Ipshita Majhi ipmajhi at alaska.edu
Fri Dec 5 13:50:57 MST 2014

Dear NCL,

I am trying to store my output in an iterative loop and I created the
variable using new as well. But it gives fill values in the output. I was
wondering why that is. I am converting weekly data to daily data via
interpolation

*************************************

xday=new(47*365,"float");Variable created to store 47 years of daily data

do i=0,46

matching= ind(year_52(i).eq.time_year) ;extracting indices for each year

sceweek=x(matching);52 /53 weeks snow cover data

xday= linint1_n (fspan(0,364,dimsizes(sceweek)), sceweek, True,
fspan(0,364,365), 0, 0) ; Interpolating weekly to daily data for each year
end do

Thank You
Best Regards
Ipshita