[ncl-install] error while using "calculate_daily_values() function"

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 18 10:09:35 MDT 2023

Hi Setareh,
For general NCL questions you should post to the ncl-talk email list. This
email list is for NCL installation questions. Note though that traffic on
both lists has seriously dropped off the past couple of years.

I think your problem is due to the time of your "at" array not being able
to be converted by cd_calendar (as you have already converted it). The time
array included as a coordinate variable in the array passed to
calculate_daily_values must be able to be converted by cd_calendar as is
noted in the documentation
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/calculate_daily_values.shtml>
.

Try switching this line that assigns the cd_calendar converted time array:
at&time = Time_3(mt)
to this that assigns the array converted by wrf_times_c:
at&time = Time_0(mt)

As always, verify that the fix works for your situation as I cannot test
the script.
Good luck!
Adam

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 5:25 AM Setareh Rahimi via ncl-install <
ncl-install at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I want to plot daily average dust from 5 bins of dust, on 30 pressure
> levels ( output from the WRF-Chem model). However, I face some errors that
> arise from the* calculate_daily_values() function. *
> Would you please kindly advise me to remove this issue?
> The errors and my script have been attached.
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
> Kind regards
> --
> S.Rahimi

Adam Phillips
Associate Scientist IV, Climate Analysis Section
Climate and Global Dynamics Laboratory
www.cgd.ucar.edu/staff/asphilli/