[ncl-install] ncl installation

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Tue Sep 28 01:12:12 MDT 2021

Hi Xin,

the directory /usr is owned by root and it seems to be that you do not
have root permission.

You can install NCL in another directory for example

    mkdir $HOME/local/ncl-6.6.2

At least you have to set the NCARG_ROOT environment variable to this
directory

    export NCARG_ROOT=$HOME/local/ncl-6.6.2

Ciao,
Karin